Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Put the meat down and hands in the air!

I am no longer one who consumes flesh for nutritional purposes. It has been 4 months so I figure it's official now. This doesn't make me a saint or anything, it just means that I finally decided to lose my carniverous mentality. Trust me when I say, I still have others' (mental blurbs) I'm working on. Like swatting at flies no one can see but me, or yelling back at the preacher when he starts on one of his tirades in the Pulpit. Like I said, I'm a work in progress.

What about you?

3 comments:

Hayden said...

nothing that stands still retains vitality. Change IS life.

i got Christmas wishes from a friend in Paris who asked "what are you becoming?"

I'm not sure if she meant it as we would, or if there is a translation issue, but I love the question.

I still eat meat, but only pasture-raised on natural food. So no feed pens and grain for my beef and lots of scratching time for the chicken.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I stopped eating meat because I can't digest it, gives me all sorts of troubles.

Like you, I swat flies no one else can see.

Work in progress? Sometimes I need to sit still, to think about it.

It's so good to have you back, girl.

{illyria} said...

i love how you recognize your accomplishments big and small. everybody's a work in progress, if we were just a little kinder to ourselves and realize that.

happy new year's, girl.