Saturday, October 08, 2005

Pablo's Thoughts

punctuation has been removed to protect the writer.....

Ma'am I'm an old man I recognize this but life has been unfair Are you placing blame I say Hell no, but the truth is shit happened to me that no man or woman should ever have to see. Is that why you have your 5th of coffee at your side every time I see you

Awwww that...no Missy, see that's just my way of telling the devil to go fuck himself, see a few years back we made this pack and I sorta reneiged on it, now I have to swallow this shit just to make sure he don't start talking to me to much (I attempt to not let him hear me gulp....really loudly)

Tell me about your family I say.....He laughs then grabs my shoulder. I can smell his anger. It was kinda like fried bologna mixed with citric magnsia and stale peanut butter.

Get your hands off me please....no disrespect but you dont wanna know that story Actually yes I do. Why cause Why cause you seem like you got something to say and I wanna hear it
My mama was ashamed and empty....why is that? just shut up and listen There were 5 of us but my sister Cham got the worst and the best of mama. Daddy left one night after they had a big fight and somehow managed to take all the life out of mama with him It's fuckup to have a mama who's there but gone So what happened with your sister Cham, where she at now???

She's dead....Mama heard a voice one night and killed her in front of all of us. I realized then I could miss my bus or ask Pablo to hold off on the rest of the story.

I missed the bus that day and was late for work.

Here's why!

12 comments:

mistipurple said...

you're kind. that's good.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I think he's 'gone' too, and that's sad.

Unknown said...

i think homeless people are crazy-

i would be surprised if he is making all that stuff up...

Anonymous said...

lawd have mercy!

Buffalo said...

It's all out there, isn't it Icy?

Buffalo said...

Bless you for seeing him. It is so damned easy to trivialize others as you walk through life. Simply put filters over your eyes so you don't see them. You don't seem them, they don't exist.

But they do exist.

It doesn't matter if their tale is true or if it is blue smoke. It is there tale and you listened and heard.

Good on you, baby.

Mike said...

I hope you're careful around this guy. It's true, a large percentage of homeless people have severe mental disorders. Tread carefully...

Me Dwn said...

Okay, I'm not good with all this teasing. Tell the damn story woman!!

Tell the story!

At least call me and tell it to me on the phone so I won't have to wait...LOL!!

Okay, I'll wait.

Gaye said...

This is great Icy!!! EVERYBODY has a story--but no one seems to have the time to listen--it's ashame ya know? Been missing your commenting and hope all is going well with you. Go get em GURL!!!

{illyria} said...

and??? don't keep us waiting!

Unknown said...

ok, good point buffalo

Icylyrics said...

Thank you Buffalo, he is not as crazy as people would perceive him, but you know what they say about perception...the saga continues.

Icy

(thanks for reading folks)