Sunday, October 02, 2005

Getting Over!

Getting over.......
Getting over what?
Getting over people
what kind of people?
People who hold you back
Back from what?
From life, destiny, peace of mind
Why?
Cause you'll destroy yourself with worry if you don't....
Today I got over
There is no residue left
I've been cooked all the way
No half done chicken in this pot.......

________________________________________________________________
Upcoming in Icy's world

I met a homeless man named Pablo a couple of weeks ago. Imagine that, a homeless man in New York. Almost unheard of huh? He has been enlightening me to many things. He is old, and dirty and walks with several sorts of limps. Society has abandoned him, labeled him as not only homeless, but hopeless, yet He has a twinkle in his eye that draws those of us who truly desire to understand what life is, and how we get where we are.....'sigh' He has entrusted me to share his story. I will try my best to due him justice.

In the coming days, I will write about what he has shared. He makes me smile, cry and get angry all at the same time. Almost like........ well that's another story, but Pablo will be here soon for he stays on my mind. I think I may be well on my way to experiencing what real writing is. Back soon folks.

3 comments:

DCveR said...

It takes a great soul to stop and listen to a homeless guy in a big city.
Even 'good' people usually don't, they have no time, they are affraid, they think there is no hope, all that and more.
I bow to you Icy.

Anonymous said...

honey i have done that before and you'll be sooooooo impressed with what he has to offer by way of life experiences!

Hayden said...

amazing writing, icy. but this is the second time I've read it - it's a long time since you've posted - I hope you are ok and everything is going well....