Thursday, September 22, 2005

My eyes are not blue!!!

My eyes are not blue, neither is my hair long and blonde. (well now it's sorta blondish, but that's a whole nother post. Icy's hair issues. I'll tell the whole story real soon.)

I speak with a southern slur that will either make you yearn for more, or get on your last nerver. Some days I bite my bottom lip when I hear of the condition of this world. Religion gives me a headache, but spirituality makes my smile shine like the sun.....

I was used to hearing crows at night and roosters in the morning. Now I hear sirens, and arguments over who's turn it is to make the coffee. I despise the smell of coffee and the attitudes of people who are addicted to it. I don't think I have an addiction, at least not one that warrants mentioning here. Maybe on Freaky Friday I can share my 'former addiction'. former/current (same thing right...???)

Anyway, I like my brown eyes. They are sincere, and sincerity is like gold in a world where fake imagery gets all the attention.

My job I currently have is a wee bit boring. Ok, let's be honest. It's madd boring. I miss what I used to do back home. I miss being in the classroom.
I am working out now. Every other day. My legs hurt, but I'm getting stronger. I ask my trainer the other day if my breasts would shrink if I lost too much weight. He thought that was hilarious. I wanted to slap him into Manhattan. I have breast issues too. Or should I say the lack thereof. Anyway, this is not about my breasts. It's about what happens when you look into someone's blue eyes and what they see when they look at your brown ones.

Today, I interviewed for another position at a company that I'd really like to work for. The Director told me it was something about my eyes that spoke to her. I was looking into her bright blue ones thinking, if I had blue eyes I want them to be this color, and low and behold she was probably thinking the same thing. Or maybe she was wondering how much I payed for my DKNY suit I was wearing that fitted my curvavious body just right. Maybe she was wondering if I stole it, since many times they think, we steal. I was answering questions with such precision that I had to breathe, stretch and shake to make the interview a little more relaxed. I prayed, ask God to place the right words in my mouth and low and behold He did just that. Hopefully I'll get a phone call telling me I got this new position soon. If not, it simply wasn't for me. In any case I still got the sexiest brown eyes in all of New York and a smile to match. And believe it or not, I'm about as humble as they come.

I just happen to like myself.
Do you like your eyes? Do your like yourself?

10 comments:

Buffalo said...

Yeah. I like my eyes. I like me. If I didn't like and respect myself how could I like and respect anyone.

When you look into someone's eyes...yes.

Anonymous said...

girllllllllllll i love my *singing* pretty brown eyes....

the have a certain twinkle to them that will lock you in and force you to fall into a trance....

DCveR said...

LOL
I have brown eyes, so does Good Half.
I don't really give it much thought.
My dad however has some unsettling green eyes that EVERYBODY notices...and that most people can't refrain from commenting. It's weird, now that you mention it, I realized that I don't know the color of most of my friends eyes. YET I remember exactly the color of 'certain' women's eyes, some blue, some green, some brown.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Eyes!!

A friend's mum told me she met Jim Jones here in Guyana [yes, him, that Jim Jones], and she said something about his eyes...they told her that all was not right.

She said you can always read a person by his / her eyes.

{illyria} said...

i love that little snippet and how you told it. my eyes are a dark, dark brown, but what i like most about them is how everything i ever feel seems to come out of them and i can't stop it.

Me Dwn said...

I like myself much better than I used to. My eyes are brown and honest and I hope ppl see that. My eyes...

Anonymous said...

Rhonda...I love your mind...The way it works to conform those thoughts and sentences of yours is something else...I like my eyes...but dont really give it too much attention....I like your eyes better...and love your country slang...

Anonymous said...

sorry...that last comment was by me.....KnightVisions

Unknown said...

waw- are you exhibiting job hopping tendencies? - thats ok, you got to find a good place that you are satisfied with.

i have gray eyes- people complement me lots- but i always wonder what i'd look like with nice deep brown eyes- we're always curious and drawn to the different-

Hayden said...

Mine are a warm, medium brown and I never thought about them much. Then one day my niece was coming down the airplane runway, 16 yrs old and 4 years since I'd seen her - I looked at her and had the most awful lurch in my soul - started crying with happiness to see her - she has my eyes. the same as my sisters eyes. I didn't know our eyes were a different shade from most brown eyes until that moment.

and in that moment I also learned an unwanted home truth about the way we look for sameness in other people and are comforted by it. but thats another whole can of worms, isn't it?