Friday, September 16, 2005

They Don't Know Me

They can't help but smile when I pass
They've seen me before
New Chic in town
Always going somewhere
Kinda Quiet
Until she smiles
My smile is sexy
I smile at myself
on rainy days
My eyes hold secrets that twinkle
like Stars
My new attitude breeds love, STRENGTH!.....and.....
get outta my way if you ain't doing
but TALKING bullshit
I left bullshit in Indiana
I'm not in a competition
I'm a woman
going somewhere
doing something
God driven
motivated by life
Can't you smell me?
They ask me questions...
just to hear me speak
southern and smooth
like Petticoats and hot butter
Drip Drip Drip
What's her name?
I think it's Dollbaby or Brittney or something
She moves like the wind....or is it thunder
She got big thighs...umm
and attitude.
She don't seem to care what's going on nowhere but
Her space
Get in it
Fit in it
Can You....
Keep up
She smells nice too
Like Sunshine and Marmalade
mixed with a little bit of sex
Sweet sex
The kind you wanna swallow
you know
Dudes who like plums dig my smell
dug my smell
It's still potent
Ask the construction worker
or the lawyer
or the bum on the corner
they love my smell
the essence of my womanly nature
know how to make theirs rise
but they still
DON'T KNOW ME!

Icy

15 comments:

piu piu said...

hey icy is that a note of pride, and yet frustration?

Icylyrics said...

haven't decided yet.

Me Dwn said...

...whatever it is I LIKE IT!!

Where you been, punkin'? What's happening with you besides smelling divine and making the menses want you?

piu piu said...

yeh, it certainly sounds like u making a stir!

Bonita said...

Okay Plum Pudding, Don't be a ghost......Bo

Anonymous said...

HOT DAMN MAMA!

Phukofku Gale said...

um...wow.

Musta been wearing those shoes you're too sexy for.

-Chrome*

Unknown said...

pow chiki pow POW! ;)

usually new yorkers ask you questions to hear themselves talk- so you're doing GOOD!

{illyria} said...

wow. that was damn good.

piu piu said...

icy i'm intrigued. tell. is there some frustration there?

Buffalo said...

Baby, you freakin' rule! You have more talent in your finger nail than I have in my entire body - and it is a big body.

Damn, this is sweet!

highcontrast said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
highcontrast said...

sunshine and marmelade...i can smell it now. i'm getting hungry...

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Ohhh, I like this:

"They ask me questions...
just to hear me speak
southern and smooth
like Petticoats and hot butter..."

Sounds like somebody's the new chica in town, creating a sensation, and they're all poking their noses and being too curious, and you're enjoying it, but need some space and privacy too.

Unknown said...

hey icy! what's up! when are you hanging out!!