Saturday, September 10, 2005

This Birtthday Girl is too sexy for her shoes.

Today was a beautiful day. He bought me shoes. That's not of course what made the day so beautiful, but everything around the purchase of the shoes was absolutely spectacular. Got to see the U.S open on a big screen in the park. Listened to a cool jazz band that had a bass player who was off the hizzzzzinoooook. Spent at least 2 hours in barnes and noble doing what I do best. Critiquing books. He bought me a bunch of those two. He's a good guy. I would say it's because it's my birthday weekend that this gorgeous black man is being so good to me, but damn. He's just good to me every day of the week. Well except for Wednesdays' whenhe has class, and Monday's when he has his bunions boiled off, or Fridays when....Ok, I'm getting off track.

Hey people. I'm 38 yrs old today. (September 11) I feel blessed, young and stronger than I have in a very long time. God has blessed me. My skin is glowing, and my smile is still charming men everywhere. Old women still love to give me advice on how to be a good wife, and I still accept it thinking...In God's time, I'll be saying those words every wife uses like a mantra. "I know you don't think I'm washing those drawers."

I'm thanking God for my life, my family, my new shoes, and the blessed gift of choice making. Life is beautiful, and to be real real blunt. SO AM I! I'm feeling me and my sexy ass shoes tonight like I havent in a long time. Well, it's about that time. He's out of the shower and I suppose, the birthday party is about to begin.

Love you People!

I love Poery. Anyone wanna give me a gift, send me a poem or just make me laugh. Pray for people who don't have the liberties you do. Trust me, they can use our prayers.

Icy

14 comments:

piu piu said...

happy birthday! x

DCveR said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ICY!!!!

mistipurple said...

happy birthday icy
i'll try to write poetry
you said you would be happy
so i'll write one though it's crappy
it's my gift to you girl! happy happy birthday!

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

HAPPY BIR'DAY TO THE BIR'DAY GURL!!!

Showers of blessings on you, girl-chile.

If I find a poem I'll be back. In the meantime, have a great day. Week. Month. The rest of the year!!!

Buffalo said...

Hell, your beautiful smile is charming me and I've never even seen it. How freakin'strong is your mojo?

Shoes, books, cool jazz, gorgeous black man.......I'll say all good things for you. But the U S Open? Why didn't you go to Central Park and watch the grass grow?

Happy Birthday weekend, Icy. You got it all going on, girl.

{illyria} said...

happy birthday, babe. you do sound like you're glowing and i would love a peek at those sexy-ass shoes. enjoy the party! and i'm toasting you with my, erm, machiatto. LOL!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday lady..it's all about you!!!!!

and how about your b-day is the same as my mother!

Unknown said...

happy B-DAY!- you're so hot!

i like what you say about life is about choices- we forget that sometimes.

birthday hugs!!

Anonymous said...

pics of my bey are up..check her out!

teesspot.blogspot.com

Jay said...

My attempt at a poem

Happy Belated, Ms Icy Lyrics
Wishing you wishes of God’s favor and protection
Blessings to you
And yours
In His name only
And may you continue to touch
The ones you come in contact with daily
God bless

Anonymous said...

happy belated

you moved to new york
you got rid of that "d--m f--k"
you are happy now


*cheese*

Anonymous said...

"d--b f--k" excuse me lol

Anonymous said...

Guess who's back, new, improved and better than ever!...check it out...

Hayden said...

hey - glad to have a chance to catch up on your posts - I missed your birthday, so here are my belated happy birthday wishes!