Friday, August 12, 2005

Life and all that comes with it

Guess what Bloggerfriends? 18 years ago today, I experienced childbirth. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise if you haven't done it. IT HURTS! Today I look at her, and thank God the rewards have been far better than the pain.
Happy Birthday Ms. Kortny
Mama loves you more than life
My kid rocks, yall

I'm in transition, I'm walking into this next phase of my life with a cool pair of raybans (do they wear those anymore) and some fake aligator boots.

Today it'll be light and airy, once I've absorbed enough of New York to say something truly insightful, I'll be back with all the details of my new life. until then, kiss a friend, hug an enemy, and don't let a day end without telling someone you love them.

You never know when it could be your last.
Peace, Icy

13 comments:

Buffalo said...

And that is the sad damned truth.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Happy Birthday Kortny. Hope life brings you all the best, and hope all your dreams come true.

Icy, there's some folks I AIN'T hugging. No. Nope. No way. Our ex-gardener, the TARTUFFE that he is...ewwww...

Can we get some first impressions of New York? :-)

[Can someone tell Piu Piu for me please that I can't comment on her new post because it's just not loading fully? Thank youuuu].

Gaye said...

Transition is scarey...but so exciting too!..sending so many good wishes your way!!
Hug an enemy?? That one gesture confuses them more than any words you could ever say hurtful to them. The reaction is classic!
It's hard to do--but worth it.
I love you everybody--THERE; I took care of that one for today; seriously though, those 3 words and following up with actions are what life's all about--huh...
Happy Birthday Kortny!

Anonymous said...

awwww happy b-day to her!!!

mistipurple said...

happy birthday kortny! and kortny has a great mummy who rocks! and yes, everyday is not to be taken for granted!

Trudging said...

Hey, thank you for stoping by my Blog.

..Sue...Zette... said...

The only constant in life is change...

Happy Birthday to your babygirl

Anonymous said...

I Love you Rhonnie Gurl

Mike said...

Welcome to the northeast!

I always felt change was a wonderful thing. It opens up so many opportunities...

Good luck, can't wait to hear how the new life treats ya :)

The Foxybrown Show said...

Oh how true that is!
Happy Birthday Ms. K!

Unknown said...

i read in a book somewhere "change is good, that's how we know we're alive" :)

cant WAIT for impressions now as a citizen --

piu piu said...

happy birthday to your daughter!!!!

x

F-ftOS said...

I am late here as well... so sorry.. Belated birthday greetings to her. :)