Monday, August 08, 2005

The sign still says walk! (Continued)

Today I realized how much the words of others have affected my writing. There are many other writers who help me keep the pace So today, it is my pleasure to honor
GG. Her voice is powerful and she lets the world see Guyana from a beautiful set of eyes. I hope to one day call her my friend. She makes walking fun. She takes me on the most incredible journeys.

I believe in the power of the human spirit. I beleive that the roads we travel help define us, and the people we met along the way help us to understand ourselves.
This man gives being human a whole new light. Humanity the way it should be.

Chromeis a great writer. He taught me lots of cool stuff. He's a Man, a kid, and a genius all rolled up in a smooth pair of J's. Better not step on em though, he will track you down and make your life miserable. His voice is strong, like heaven's thunder clouds. You should check him out. He's beyond awesome. His films will set the film industry on fire.

Last but not least, there's Ale. She's like a breath of fresh morning air with the faint scent of coffee and cotton candy. There's others I want to mention, but it's getting late and I've been walking for a few hours. Can't allow myself too much healthy stimulating mental exercise. I might morph into mediocrity, God forbid.

(I wonder if Poody tang has a blog. I wonder how many would understand...sa da tai)

Enjoy these folks as I do each day!

3 comments:

Phukofku Gale said...

Ok. wow.

You're biased but how sweet! I have visted a few of your visitiors and will walk through the land of these you've just recommended. Thank you for risking your reputation by recommending me!

(he laughs whimsically)

-Chrome*

Buffalo said...

The road we take do affect us tremendously, as do the roads taken by others - especially when they converge with ours.

You never know when a word, a shared experience will open up the world to yourself or another.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Aww, Icy, what did I do to deserve those kind words?

Do you know how you and Hayden inspire me daily?

You with your strong, confident writing, witty, wicked humour, and Hayden with her cool, measured way.

I check out Chrome whenever my isp is not harrassing me!

I still don't know how to put links in the sidebar...I'm such a dunce :-D