Monday, March 07, 2005

The Look of a Angel

Got to work this morning and all my co-workers stated I had some sort of angelic glow on my face. Wasn't sure how to respond, as I'm sure my recent vacation had something to do with it. However I've decided to maintain the peaceful vibe I had while in NYC and not stress over anything. I must say, it did feel good being back in the classroom this morning and I sure missed my children. One of them, a little girl named Nikki, couldn't wait to show me this morning that she can do double addition problems. I had been trying to implement it into the cirriculum before I left but not many of the children had caught on. So my heart was definitely full when I came to work and she had actually grasped what I taught on two weeks ago. Days like this make me know why I choose teaching as a profession. I just love kids and being around them gives me a sense of self worth like nothing else. They all looked like little angels to me this morning and as they each begin to express how much they missed me and what they had done while I was out had me in a complete state of bliss. This is one of those days where I truly appreciate being me.

No comments: