Sunday, April 24, 2005

Conditions & Circumstances

So many sought to drive me from my reality;
this system of melodramatic innuendos that
speak to the animalistic slave mentalities that
take from the purity of a nation of people and
create deprivation. I can'tbreathe cause politicians
suck up all the air. I can't see cause white women with
over inflated breast implants walk around blocking my view.
I can't reach out and touch it cause the priest and Uncle Dode' spent
too much time lingering with fingers that were unholy so now the spot is bruised and barren. I can't hear cause one genre of music decides to impregnate itself with another while artists entangle themselves
in a confused society, while the camera continues to roll. My mama rolls over in her grave watching me watch this world while not making my mark. To
speak such poetic words but never help a hungry soul is a travesty. To sing to the glory of God, but to never tell one you love them is beyond heartless. Yet
it's a condition to a circumstance. I can't be me cause 'me' is somewhere trying to extract myself from yesterday. Holding on to my bellbottom jeans, tube tops, and a pack of now-laters that only cost a nickel. Even when all I had was
4 cent, cause the store man knew my mama and she had good credit, even though today, mine is shaky cause I spent too many years living above my means, jamming with Jimmie and nodding my head to some unknown sound that reverbrates in my ear.....Can anyone hear me? No, its another condition
to a circumstance. I can't hear myself cause my ears are full of my own crap, that I have spent years speaking to my own self-serving nature. You see me as good, but I can't even see myself. I'm trapped in a tunnel with NewYork rats that seek to eat my flesh and play hop skotch with my bones. Tossing me
aside as the number 3 trains rolls up and everybody gets on board. Where they going? Who knows? Its just another condition when men and woman are in such a hurry to go nowhere, while the street people sit with liquor induced lips traveling to far away lands all in the space of a train ride to Manhattan. Too many conditions create the saddest circumstances as babies are born with birth defects that could have been prevented, but daddy liked crack and mama liked being filled with x-tacy and men in black, who make her black and blue.
The church is a condtion within itself that operates soley on the circumstances
of confused souls seeking peace. People confused on their sexuality using the name of the Father as the getaway from a pin-stripped, belly-flopping
wishy-washy, lust born lifestyle. Pretenders that come in all shapes and sizes
constantly saying....Ima keep it real, while realness has left them in limbo
and gone on to glory. The condition is one we all must face, but the circumstances we create.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christmas is just around the corner. No time to go to the mall...then do your shopping online. We sell everything that the mall sells. Shop today!