Monday, June 27, 2005

Unfathomable Acts of a Distorted Black Mind Pt II

...so as I was saying, people don't always say what they are feeling, and most times you won't know what's really in someone's head. I feel its my duty as a writer to express the truth. My truth, and the truth is, I kinda of like it when people who are so self absorbed are not able to see the world around them. It makes me write better and gives me clearer visuals. So back to my untimely morbid thoughts. Once I slept with my friends boyfriend. I thought it would be fabulous but truth is, it wasn't worth it. I don't know why she's still with him after all these years anyway. The sex is mundane, not to mention his teeth are well..never mind. What else have I done that I want to share? I once had a crush on a retarded dude who used to live on my street. I was ashamed that I liked him and what attracted me to him the most was the huge bulge in his pants. Oh God please forgive me for being sexually free most of my adult life. Ok, well that passed, and of course I found myself slipping into the world of pretense, shame, and degrading acts that somehow manage to get most of us off track. Don't worry, I've found my focus and don't chase retarded guys anymore, I don't even write Black Power on the side of my neighbors Mercedes in crayon anymore, but sometimes I do smile when things happen that give me something fabulous to write about, and trust me, today has been one of those days. When I leave this earth I hope I leave a legacy to my children, and some interesting words that roll the same as Picaso's paintings did.

5 comments:

Me Dwn said...

Girl, you have me cracking up over here! You were crushing on your neighborhood retarded guy b/c of the bulge in his pants? Only you Icy...you have made me laugh out loud!!!
Tell me more!!

Icylyrics said...

Unfortunately that story didn't end too well, and truth is one day I have to tell what happened with me and Mr. Retarded. Should I go ahead and say I was somewhat attracted to big dumb jocks in high school who had smelly feet and juicy lips. Naw, prolly not, anyway thank God I grew up...Well sort of

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Icy, I don't know if you're meaning to be funny, but you are. At least, this post is.

On a serious side...truth about self is the one truth we should try to discover first. When I was a teen, someone scrawled in my notebook, 'to thine own self be true'. I've thought about it all my life.

Icylyrics said...

Yes I do add a lot of humor into my writing, its my cynical side coming out. I firmly beleive in that saying also.

Anonymous said...

Please help us at http://chiefseattle.blogspot.com. Anybody can help. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.