Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The What ifs of an Idle Mind

...Sometimes I find myself thinking of really crazy things. Especially on nights like this when sleep is a distant memory like summer camp and Jellies. Like what if Tom Cruise and Katie holmes showed up on my door step offering to give me an interview. This would be the perfect opportunity to use my son's new Louisville Slugger baseball bat. What if my insane neighbor was actually coming through my bedroom window right now with an ax in hand convinced I needed to be sacrificed to the Newport Gods. Or what if I'm not typing this, but it's my subconscious mind allowing me to tap into another part of an old memory of myself, and I'm actually dead. (Matrix shit fo yo azz) What if Michael Jackson became Black again and wanted to marry me and have 5 kids, only we couldn't have sex, I'd have to have sex with Tito cause Michael was a priest and took a vow of celibacy? What if Osama was chilling in the White House Basement and Condaleeza was the only one who knew it. Hmmm, I'm glad sun's coming up cause well, it can get a lil scary when I let my mind get idle.

(stepping out of idle for just a minute)
Just imagine a world were people actually did what they said they were gonna do, and the news was always good. Imagine a world without murders, rape, molestation, hunger, poverty, homelessness, lies or deciet. Imagine being able to trust in advertising and the media had special transmitters in them that forced them to report the TRUTH (Just for you Hayden). Imagine no computers...(Shuddering...brrrrr) Imagine preachers who didn't steal from their congregations, and Aids was nothing more than a new dance move the teenagers done at the clubs. Imagine people living in peace without the threat of discrimination, racial profiling, or blatant ignorance. Imagine if you could just say what you wanted, and there it was. Imagine how many people would kill themselves from the shock of it!

3 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Have you ever heard that song, Imagine, by John Lennon?

Icylyrics said...

Yep GG sure have, was thinking about it while writing this...

Chrome what I need with Mike when I already got myself, the superstar!

Hayden said...

too good. I think most people would be hurling themselves from bridges and clifs... way too disorienting......