Thursday, May 12, 2005

Emotional Rollercoaster.....

...listening to one of my favorite artists(Vivian Green) the words of this songdig deep inside my soul. Aint no sleep gonna grace me tonight, my mind is wide awake, going back and forth to the place where the ride began. Was I an innocent bystander just waiting in line to go on the ride of a lifetime? Or did I somehow know I was in for one hell of a journey? Part of me knew, but it was not enough for me to get outta the line. No I stay in the line and wait my turn like all the other paying customers in the 'amusement park' known as a black man's space. Is it really that important for me to ride this ride? Why do I have to stand in the heat, knowing I could go elsewhere and not go through all the drama. Watching others come off the ride feeling disoriented and about to throw up. Should have been enough to make me turn the other way, but inside each of us is this desire to exprerience something fantastic, exciting, & thrilling. It was a thrill alright, and as I sit here trying to regain my strength from this 'ride' it occurs to me that my clothes are a little disheveled and I may need to relax my mind before moving on to the next attraction.....

...he says, 'you don't know me like I thought you did.' I could cuss you out, but I don't wanna do that....I say, 'it doesn't matter anymore' inside thinking, yeah actually it does but pride won't let my pain show through.
...he thinks...'she's such a gullable bitch.....'
...she thinks....he has no idea

Now I can sleep!
Icy