Tuesday, May 10, 2005

In a New Place....

Today I woke up realizing I was in a new place. I had been moving from the old mentality, old ideas for sometime now, and finally I have been shifted into a complete awareness that I have control over me. I'm no longer bound to the old way, even if it was working. Truth is, it wasn't really working because it kept me from moving, keep me from living. I will not create new struggle, but I will be a part of the solution for that which has been created. I will revolutionize the mindset of the black woman and destroy a stereotype that says we cannot, willnot, and have not. I look around and see all these pitfalls that are designed to entrap us, yet my third eye is in operation and I know the Creator has given me something very powerful. The ability to choose. I choose to live, to grow, to glean and to be more than a conquerer. I write because I am free, and because I am free, I can write with determination and definition. I'm in a new place now.

No comments: