Monday, May 02, 2005

When it Doesn't Matter Anymore

Over the weekend it occurred to me, that everyone will not understand or be able to embrace who I am as a woman. It's ok. I'm human, and in my humaness I have the right to make mistakes and not be condemned to hell for them. I am now at the point where I refuse to allow anyone, and I mean anyone to put me in a place that is not mine. I'm a good woman, and if certain folks are too stupid to see past my shortcomings then that's on them. I won't feed into it anymore. There's too much growth to be accomplished. Someone saw my true beauty and informed me that I was selling my soul when I sit and allow others to label me unfairly. It was as though my eyes opened and I saw the world for the first time. I can smile because I have released all that yesterday tried to impose on me. I can't help it I love hard. It's just my way, but I refuse to give that love to one who only desires to punish and condemn me. I do know who I am, and I will walk in that knowledge and allow that to define me, not old shit that just doesn't matter anymore.