Thursday, July 21, 2005

Call it what you like

Is there a perception bigger or smaller than that which we see of ourselves? How many times do we find ourselves questioning our own abilities or putting ourselves in positions to attempt the impossible? We create situations that warrant the help of others, but often reject that help because we are conditioned to doing things on our own. (Who died and made you a mountain?) Have you ever met someone so hardheaded you knew they were destined for some sort of failure, but they convinced themselves they didn't need anyone? Stubborn people always have fascinated me, especially those who try and function in intimate relationships knowing they really wish they could be their own partner in every way because allowing someone else a little closeness in their lives simply makes them somehow less SUPERHUMAN.

Today, I’m going to let my real genius shine through. I’ll accept help when it’s necessary because as great as I am, I still need others to make it through this life.

signed....The lonely writer who's never really alone.

6 comments:

Phukofku Gale said...

"You're Human..."

It used to be such a huge insult. Seriously.

I took great offense when people reminded me of my own humanity. My mortality. My normalcy. I am stubborn. Bad sometimes. But often good. I am stubborn like a bumble bee.

I have a great partner. She is more a part of my life than she knows. I could never be half the better half she is to me myself.

Yes that did too make sense.

Lonliness is a perception. Sometimes I feel lit too.

Cryptic,

-Chrome*

Unknown said...

you just described me- and what's worse i take some strange pride in being the superhuman- i'm still in denial of possible failure - and even as i write this... still doesnt click in my head - even though i realize that i shouldnt be like that- i know i'll wake up tomorrow and still be like this...
eeeh- maybe one day...

Me Dwn said...

This is so wonderfully exporessed, Icy. You're really making me think, girl.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I think all writers feel isolated and different, no matter what, where, when.

Lawd yes, chile...I know what you mean about stubborn people.

But I think even stubborn people know that deep down, when they mess up, they need someone to turn to.

Even Napoleon had his Josephine.

Icylyrics said...

GG. Yes he did.

Chrome: I thank God for my partner also, and all the beautiful people God has surrounded me with who make this life as a writer a little less lonely. So I'm Human, really??

I'm not having a stubborn day Ale, but tomorrow may be a different story.

Unknown said...

its always like that- tomorrow is another day :)