Saturday, July 23, 2005

Friday Night Girls Chat

Last night was interesting to say the least. I had a chance to talk with a group of women from a couple of online groups that I'm a part of. To be truthful, I was trying not to be a part as I am still a lil hesitant when it comes to being a part of a group of nothing but sista's(maybe growing up as the only girl had something to do with that) but somehow God is moolding me to make me appreciate sistahood. We had good conversations which ranged from hair care to cancer to boy toys (boy toys) that one still makes me smile. Anyway, it was a very pleasant relaxing evening and afterwards, I found myself completely exhausted so I fell into bed around 1am.

Today, I'm back up hard at work on my book, trying to keep my focus as it looks like its gonna be a beautiful day, and the outdoors are calling me. Ok, maybe I'll go out and shop for a while then work later on this evening. Yea that sounds like a plan. Have a great weekend fellow bloggers.

7 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Did you see Waiting to Exhale? Loved it. Saw it twice, can see it agaaaain. All about sistahood...sistrens.

Bonita said...

I enjoyed the bonding of the sisterhood chat. we should do that at least once a month or better yet every two months....it was beautiful and we all leave with a better knowledge of our fellow sisterfriends and good information...the love is their for us all to embrace....Bo

Icylyrics said...

GG, yes, I have the movie Waiting to Exhale. Watch it quite frequently, it's one of my favorites.

Boney, you are right we need to do this more often. Makes all of us seem a lil more like real people when we converse in a smaller more intimate setting.

SAM I'm glad you were there too, your light is steadily shining sweetie.

Me Dwn said...

Awww damn!! I missed it!! I wanna bond.

GG, how did you come up with sistrens? Interesting word.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

loc dwn, it's a Jamaican word...sister-friend. I lived in J'ca for 14 years.

My best gal pals are Jamaicans. Oh Lord, I miss them.

Unknown said...

uuuh- book--- hurry hurry - i want to read it--- huuuuurrry! :)

Unknown said...

oh and in regards to who is mimiking who... hehehe hehehe hehehheeee