Sunday, July 17, 2005

Why didn't you just pray?

This battle I'm in

fighting against my own flesh,

Warring against sin

can't be won

if drastic measures aren't done

Can somebody please pray?

I don't mean say one of those

Bless her O'God while watching TV kinda joints

but that old school, get down on your knees

kill the radio, internet and TV kinda joints

pleading the blood, putting down plate and pen

and asking God to get me out of this sin

forgive me once again

Engage in warfare, for your sista, or your brother

Sacrifice for the greater good

of another soul

and in the end

God won't have to look at you and say

"Why didn't you just pray?"


Icylyrics 2005

1 comment:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I think the world needs prayers right now.

You sure write strong and confident, that's what I like. No hemming and hawing here about what you believe in, you just belt it out, straight out.

Confident.