Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Preliminary Sadness

You ever know for a fact that at a particular moment in your future you were gonna be sad, torn apart, broke down, hurt? Felt it coming. Even if you didn't wanna believe it, you just knew that the results of something in your life would just make you sad. Like distance. Distance from those you love sucks. For me its like a doble edged sword, getting to reunite with one group of loved ones while walking away from another. My heart hurts right now becase tomorrow I may have to shed a few tears. I hate to cry. It makes me feel weak. I'm confessing something here and I'm not sure why, but I pray I get stronger. I don't want to be sad for long, but it hurts just the same. Tomorow I won't blog because my fingers will be numb, and my soul will be in another place. I'll smile and say, everything's ok, but it won't be because I've discovered something in my 37 years of living. You can't be everywhere at the same time. Unless of course you get the patent on one of those clonning machines.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you sis! I know that feeling of an eventual looming sadness very well. The only thing you can do is go through it.

I hope you are feeling better when you return.

F-ftOS said...

Life is a roller coaster ride on (and of)emotions.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Do you that song...well, it was not a song at first, it was a verse from the Bible, now made into a song: "to everything, turn turn turn...a time to laugh, a time to weep..."

This made me think of that song. If you can ever find it, listen to it. I think it was sung by the Byrds. I think you would love it Icy, and I think it would move you.

ahlam said...

Thanks for sharing this R..

I am going through this right now. I knew before I dove into a situation that it wouldn't work out in my favor. I knew from the start that it was unlikely to blossom. I knew that I wasn't prepared to go through yet another disappointment but I carried on..and now I am sitting here with my heart heavy and my feelings hurt.

I am praying for you Sis. I love you and wish only for you to remain steadfast. In order to move forward we have to move away from things that are holding us in place.
I feel your emotions..Insha'Allah your tears dry and your heart heals soon.

Peace

Email me your cell number. I got your message.

Me Dwn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Don't say goodbye- just say "see you later" and pretend like you're just going to be apart for a few hours-