Sunday, July 03, 2005

Chillin' with ML

...I don't even know how to begin to describe my day. It was wonderful to say the least. The weather was great. Spent the entire afternoon with my boyfriends mother, and I must say, she is one of the most delightful women I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. I was a little nervous at first, but that quickly faded as the conversation progressed. She's so proper, yet so down to earth all at the same time. We had a wonderful lunch, good conversation, and shared lots of laughs. For me the highlight of the day was when I ask her what the family curse word was and she looked at me innocently and blurted out....SHIT! You have to know this woman to understand both the humor and shock in me hearing her say this small piece of profanity. I've never heard her cuss before, so when she said it, my mind started twirling like I was high or something. I felt as if I were dining with royalty one minute, and the next minute I was laughing so hard I thought I'd lose my lunch.

We went to see a movie, (Herbie) and I found myself cringing at the screen on more than one occasion since my boyfriend actually despises Lindsey Lohann, for reasons that would require a whole nother post. Yet I enjoyed my time with her as it was like being with a female version of him, which is both heartwarming and kinda weird all at the same time. I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

7 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Y'know wot girl? Your sense of humour is outta this world! You're like one of us, from the West Indies.

Hayden said...

how wonderful! Its rare to get along with relatives so well, how lucky and special!

Unknown said...

that's freakin' fabulous! it was the first time meeting her? i definitely want to be able to get along with my future in laws, that's why i guess i want to marry an italian guy. because they're mamma's boys and love to hang around mamma's house- which would be FINE with me, as long as mamma cooks me spaghetti...and runs my laundry!! i think it could be a beautiful relationship-

good job icy- :)

Icylyrics said...

Yeah, it was our first official meeting. We've spoken on the phone quite a bit, but finally had an opportunity to spend the whole day together. I'm not sure if I'd call my guy a momma's boy although he is an only child, and loves his mother dearly. Ok, he's a momma's boy....lol (but such a great one!)

Unknown said...

hehe- mamma's boys are cuties :)

Me Dwn said...

You're hilarious.

Hey, why is SHIT the family curse word and what exactly is a family curse word? LOL!!

Icylyrics said...

He read it and said, tell all your bloggie friends, I'm a Momma's Man.....so there you have it.