Friday, July 22, 2005

I wish I wish I wish

I've recently discovered that I don't embrace change as much as I thought I would. I'm moving forward, but somedays at a snails pace. Yesterday I ask my boyfriend what day was it. He responded, "you know that means your either doing too much, or not enough when you can't remember the day of the week.' I smiled and quickly responded. Oh yeah, Im doing way too much. Truth is, I think I lied. I'm moving too slow and not doing as much as I should, simply because I'm kind of afraid of the uncertainty of certain changes in my near future. I'm pushing every day. Guess I try a little harder today.

Let's make a wish!

If you had an opportninty to change anything about you today ', what would it be and why? It can be physical, mental, emotional, demographics, anything at all. Some of us might say, we want a bigger income or a better home, but who's willing to admit they want to change something about their personalities, or character?

I'll be the first to admit, I wish I used a larger portion of my brain, and I wish to be more organized. Shedding a few pounds would be nice too. Whew, that was hard Dr. Phil. Now can I go eat?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

icy you're always making us work hard- all that introspection :)

if i KNEW what it is that i should change about me today I so would (or at least would try) but it seems like there is deffinitely something wrong-- maybe not using enough of the brain, maybe being lazy, maybe something else- basically i wish it was only ONE thing, for me i'm afraid it's more than one...

naaaah- just kidding! I'm PERFECT!

(there we go- i think we just found what's wrong...)

Icylyrics said...

Perfection can be a problem too. I feel ya there.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I wish to be published!!!!!!!!!

NOW!!!!!!!!

Immediately!!!!!!!!!!

Today!!!!!!!!!

other than that, nothing else.

Icy, some days you just cruise, and be kind to yourself.

Wish I wuz in New York. I'd go exploring.

Hayden said...

icy, it seems to me there is more than one kind of activity. There is the stuff we do every day and check off of the list - and then there is the mental activity of getting adjusted - because it DOES take a lot of thinking through - and it sounds like you aren't giving yourself permission on that side. 'member all of those folks who talk about 'thinking makes it so?' they always start with visualizing what you want, imagining it really thoroughly, and giving yourself time to say goodbye to your old habits, old patterns, and to grieve the parts of it that you will miss. All of that is an important part of change. My bet is that you are working hard on change right now, just can't see physical things checked off of the list.

What I'd change is easy for me to answer right now - I'd like about 25 pounds GONE so I could throw my kayak up on the roof of my car and go boating. Instead, it's gonna' be a long, hard struggle to get there. But I'm gonna do it. I'm tired of being in dry dock.

;-) maybe "dry dock" is a good way to look at my recent solitary ways. "Just getting the barnacles scraped off and a good tight caulking on the hull...."

Icylyrics said...

Thank you Hayden, you just put it all in perspective for me.

GG. I want to be published too, but I want my work to be as close to perfection as possible. I am my own worst critique. At least thus far.

Ale, keep being perfect. You work it so well. I wish I could have your attitude.

Mike said...

Hmmm... That's too deep for me right now...

I'm too much of a perfectionist sometimes. I'm never satisfied with anything I do. But I don't think I would change that. I don't know... I'll have to think some more...

Me Dwn said...

I wish, I wish....

I wish I had the motivation to change all the negative and/or debilitating habits I know I need to address in my life.

Which negative and/or debilitating habits? Hmmm, too many to list...

Icylyrics said...

You can do it though Loc, all you have to do is make that first step, the rest is gonna all fall into place. I stopped cussing as of today. Sunday....pray for me, its gonna be an interesting challenge.