Sunday, July 31, 2005

The nest is but a wee bit lighter...

Baby bird #1 has left the nest. Sprouted some wings and took her first solo flight, with the help of mama bird and siblings. It was a both a beautiful and emotional Saturday, as I watched her directing the movers as to how she wanted her things to be placed on the truck (Even now, she is such a diva.), it occured to me that I have raised an increbibly responsible, beautiful, very bright young lady. There have definitely been moments over the past few years where I have worried, even beleiving at one period from about 13 to 16 that my child's brain was absorbed by aliens and replaced with that of a Martian. However I look at my gorgeous young lady today and thank God she has turned into a remarkable young lady who has the whole world at her feet. I am so grateful for the following:

She was born.
She was tough even from the beginning.
She knows God for herself.
She's strong.
She loves her family.
She now loves herself
She has morals and integrity.
She listens.
She's intelligent.
She's beginning to see the big picture.
She wants more than what her surroundings have shown her
She didn't get pregnant. (Thank You Jesus)
She makes the right choices.
She wants to make her parents proud.
She knows she is loved.
She's already a talented writer.
She has not limited herself.
She loves her brother and sister dearly.
She's not on drugs, overweight, anorexic, stealing, fighting, wandering, being a hood rat, looking for a 'baby's daddy, going to jail or hurting anyone for her own personal gain.
She thinks heavy.
She's a giver
She had some hard times that have molded her in positive way.
She uses her head.
She accepts challenges and proves herself
She grew up
Got too big for the nest
She left knowing (there'll always be a place for her if needed)
She left with a smile.
She left with my bedroom suit
She left with my favorite painting
She left with my love.

She left me in tears...Happy tears, sad tears, lonely tears....Proud Mama bird tears.

6 comments:

Hayden said...

oh, wow.... so wonderful... tears in my eyes reading.... what a fine sad day!

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

She is who she is because of her mama. Her mama taught her to be and do the right things.

This was a beautiful post, Icy, beautiful and touching.

F-ftOS said...

Looks like I have lots to catch on.

Nice one.

Phukofku Gale said...

Beautiful. Simply beautiful. She is well on her way, my prayers are with you both.

-Chrome*

Phukofku Gale said...

Beautiful. Simply beautiful. She is well on her way, my prayers are with you both.

-Chrome*

Buffalo said...

Well done!