Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Harsh Realities

Have you ever wake up and just looked at yourself , realizing something major has to happen in your life before you can go forward? These past few days have been eye openers for me in every sense of the word. This morning I was asleep and had a dream of a life that I never thought could be mine. When I woke up, I smiled, looked around seen my surroundings, and sighed heavily. I silently said to God...'when' He said, when you decide you are ready to make it happen. I know having a better more productive life takes work, and sometimes I stress because I've worked hard all my life. Now He's telling me there's no rest in sight. (smile) I will trudge on and become stronger in the process.

A dear friend of mine lost her son's father, and I was surprised at how much his death affected me, especially since I didn't even know him. She, however, is a woman I have come to love and respect a great deal. She makes me laugh, cry, and generally on most days she manages to piss me off with her antics. Nonetheless, I hate to see her hurting and feel so helpless. I prayed. I prayed some more. Not only for her, but for all of those people in my life who have recently had to deal with harsh realities. I know there is something to be said for going through and conquering adversitites, but I hope everyone realizes that a life without true purpose is not much of a life at all. As is a life without God.

8 comments:

Me Dwn said...

"...a life without true purpose is not much of a life at all. As is a life without God."

I'm feeling you on this. Girl, you better go on witcho bad self.

Anonymous said...

HAVING A FRIEND LIKE YOU IM SURE MEANS A GREAT DEAL TO HER AS IT DOES TO ME EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE NEVER MET I FEEL YOUR LOVE IN MANY WAYS MANY TIMES AND AM THANKFUL THAT YOU ARE THERE JUST A FEW CLICKS AWAY :)

Icylyrics said...

What a beautiful thing to say. I truly thank God for my friends and the beauty they add to my life.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Y'know Icy, all day I've been thinking about that, a life without purpose, 'cause I went to a funeral today and thought about the deceased man's life, how it just dribbled out. [I must write about it tomorrow].

When it's daylight, I must share with you my goals & and tasks thing, which I use to plan my life.

F-ftOS said...

This is beautiful. I do not agree with "As is a life without God" but yes I understand what you mean by it all. Good post and it always helps to keep things in right perspective. :)

Hayden said...

It is hard - but brilliant and exciting - when those moments hit! You know that change is hard work, but you are filled with resolution and determination. I am clear-eyed in those moments, I have the courage to see what needs to happen. To me, what is difficult is staying the path once the decision is made. It's so easy to get burdened with the daily effort and lose sight of the goal.

Me Dwn said...

Changing your mind is one of the hardest things to do unless you're totally open to it.
Staying focused is meant to be hard and burden filled....anything to stop Him from getting the glory and you growing your mind.

Unknown said...

its hard to understand certain many things in this life-
true without God- it would all be a complete nonsense